Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Workin' da ZILLS!!! 哦 Yeah!!!

Check out my Zills, yo!



To Zill, or not to Zill...that is the question!!!!


Unlike the other belly dancing props, the zills are an instrument as well as a prop.  My love for music naturally drew me in, and though the veil part may be easier, as well as more graceful and beautiful, the thought of spinning on stage in front of a bunch of people when I'm nervous, does not appeal to me in the slightest ;)

Last week was the first time my class practiced both parts together.  My very own zills!!!  I left my dance class with a smile on my face, a skip in my walk, and a glisten in my eyes.  I felt like my heart was going to burst from excitement.  I was giddy...like a little kid on the night before Christmas.  It was a difficult, but glorious experience learning how to play a rhythm with the zills and dance at the same time.  I am far from mastering the zills, but playing them, for me, is a ray of sunshine, and a breath of fresh air!!!





4 comments:

  1. Where are you taking this class? I like having the video in your post, it makes it easier to understand the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your video. The zills look really fun and they sound so cool! Your making me want to try out belly dancing! Where is this class you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad my video was appreciated :) It's not the best quality, but I did the best I personally know how to do ;)

    Okay, as for classes... I'm actually learning belly dance from two different teachers. One class is small and is great b/c there is more one on one help. The other class at the Covey Center in Provo and probably has about 15-20 people in it. They offer Middle Eastern dance classes there, can you believe it?? I was SO excited when I found out.

    So, I would highly recommend taking a class there for anybody who is interested. You may have to wait until next semester though. If you are curious what the class teaches, come to the performance at the beginning of Nov. I will announce more information about that as soon as I know the time and date. There will be several groups performing, mine class being of of them. :D I'm SOO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the video. I have seen you do moves here and there but it was fun to see a longer version of your dancing. I look forward to seeing you dance at your performance!

    ReplyDelete